As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Feb 12, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a moment to note the dates of troop meetings for the next two months:
- February 26
- March 11, 25
Parents please sign up your Girl Scout to sell Girl Scout Cookies at a Cookie Booth. Sign up at this Friday’s troop meeting, 6:45 – 7:15PM or contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.
- Money Manager badge: Brownies who have not done so should turn in shopping their list which can also be completed by shopping online.
- Brownie Quest Take Action Projectt: some girls to present scrapbooks and complete song action.
- Snacks badge
- On February 26, Viviana Lindo of Eco City Farms will present Farm to Table as part of the Snack Badge. Parents are invited to attend the presentation.
- Please assist your Brownie in preparing a snack on her own to share with the troop. Please let us know when she will be bringing hers in, starting this Friday.
- Parents: Please sign up your girl for a Brownie Cookie Booth on March 19
- As a part of earning the My Promise, My Faith pin, please assist your Brownie in learning Tala al Badru Alayna, which they will perform as a part of a presentation about Islam. Watch the YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFiYk_fl068.
- Juniors should bring in their completed homework for the Practice With a Purpose badge: a personal fitness plan.
- Email Sis. Kori at GirlScoutTroopMama [at] gmail [dot] com to sign up for Junior Cookie Booths on either 3/12/2016, 12 – 3PM or 3/19/2016, 2 – 4PM. Locations have been emailed to parents.
- Get ready to learn about being an entrepreneur with Sis Farheen from Malikah Photography. Learn about business plans, etiquette, strategies and what it take to be successful in a halal business. Sis Farheen will also talk about photography and videography. Come with your questions.
- Cadettes working on their Silver Award should come with proposals in hand. We will be completing the Silver Award Survey Monkey form so girls can begin their projects.
- Troop 3480 is collecting funds to donate water to Muslims affected by the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Please consider donating $5 – $10 per family to help our sisters and brothers in need. In addition, let us re-new our intentions to honor water and the One who created it.
- Coming Soon:
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Registration is open now. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.