Cadettes who are working on the following badges and attended the last troop meeting should email me so that I can have your badges ready on Friday inshaAllah.
Science of Happiness badge tips:
- Choose 2 – 3 things from the list of things that make you happy (or happier) to enjoy.
- Be grateful in words and deeds. Throughout the day approach people and say “Thank You” for something current, continuous and/or from the past, and/or voluntarily do a task/chore or assist with something (whether it is your responsibility or not) seeking nothing in return. Start with parents and family.
- Being optimistic especially when not in the best mood. Try focusing on the positive, and when something negative occurs (regardless of who is at fault) reflect and evaluate how you may be able to make situation and/or mood better. If the experience is negative share with someone (in writing or verbally) how you could have made a better decision, or said or done something differently. If the interaction was positive, explore what made it positive?To Share on Friday:
keep track of the time you use after school for 4 days.
To Share on Friday:
- Keep track of how you use your time after school for 4 days.
- What things could you decrease or increase to crease more time for what makes you happy?
- Please bring your findings on a presentation board to discuss with group.
Eating for Beauty badge tips:
Mindful eating means connecting with and experiencing your food.
- Turn off the TV, put your cell phone aside, and remove any other distractions.
- Say complete dua before and after a meal, remaining more aware and in the moment, as opposed to only saying “Bismillah”.
- Smell, look at, touch, and appreciate the food.
- Chew 15-20 times before swallowing. The mouth is the beginning of the digestive system.
To share on Friday:
- Practice the tips above.
- Bring the dua you learned and its meaning.