As salaamu alaikum,
Instead of our regularly scheduled troop meeting all levels will participate in the SU 22-6 World Thinking Day celebration in the Fellowship Hall of Largo Community Church in Bowie, MD (1701 Enterprise Rd, Bowie, MD 20721) this Friday, February 24, 2017, 6:30 – 9:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Girls should be in full uniform (clean white hijab, white shirt & khaki pants or khaki jilbab) with vest. Girls who have not turned in their permission form must turn it in to their troop leader at the celebration.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for the 3 Cheers for Animals Journey-in-a-Day at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum, Apr 29
- Turn in permission forms and payment for the Inventor and Home Scientist badge workshops at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum, Mar 18
- Juniors should be working in teams outside of the troop meeting to complete the next assignment of their Get Moving! Take Action project.
- The Vendor Selection team should work with Sis. Amina (PGMA Facility Director) to find a company that will pick up recycling from PGMA and how much the company will charge. (Asima, Aya)
- The Bin Selection team should find and price at least three types of recycling bins to place inside PGMA. (Amina, Nusaibah, Raqeebah)
- The Site Selection team should use a building floor plan of PGMA to determine the number of bins required and the best locations to place the recycling bins. (Badriya, Fatima, Hannan, Hidaya, Indya. Maryam G., Maryam M., Safiyyah, Sajayah, Zina)
- The Outreach & Education team should create drafts of posters to publicize PGMA’s new recycling program. (Aya, Deena, Farah, Fatima, Hannan, Laila, Maryam M., Shahed, Sajayah, Suundus, Tasneem)
- The Cadettes’ Girl Scout Cookie goal is to sell a minimum of 1,500 boxes (75 boxes per Cadette). All Cadettes must have parental permission forms completed to sell cookies. Cadettes can send in new orders by this Friday at midnight.
- Cadettes are going lodge camping together inshAllah! Lodge camping is a way for Girls to experience camping without being exposed to the elements overnight. Girls will work on badges and participate in team building activities. We will be focusing on activities designed to build leadership and communication skills among the girls. Cadettes can register for camp between now and March 3.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Girl Scout Day at the Newseum, Mar 4
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) For financial assistance contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.
- Girl Scouts can spend a few days or a week this summer at Girl Scout sleep-away camp! Registered Girl Scouts have access to four fantastic sleep-away camps: Camp Coles Trip, Camp May Flather, Camp Potomac Woods and Camp Winona. Each camp is unique and offers a variety of activities like swimming, kayaking, making crafts, hiking, cooking over an open fire, and best of all, finding your best friend. At Girl Scout camp, all girls are treated with respect and encouraged to be their awesome selves! Registration is now open.