As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Feb 2, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will continue the Quest Journey.
- Girl will listen to a presentation on the Gambia for World Thinking Day.
- This Friday is the final day for Brownies to turn in their homework and home-made snack for the Snack badge.
- Several speakers from Bangladesh will join the Juniors at this Friday’s troop meeting to help the girls get prepared for the World Thinking Day Festival.
- Turn in permission form and $3 payment for the World Thinking Day Festival on Feb 10 at Kenmoor Middle School, Hyattsville, MD. Girls should wear their uniform (unless wearing Bengladeshi clothing) and bring a winter-wear donation (hat/scarf/gloves/mittens) to help make an impact in our community.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Upcoming Senior and Ambassador events:
- February 2: World Thinking Day planning and viewing of the newly released movie Bilal: A New Breed of Hero. Showtime is at 9:30PM at the AMC Hoffman Center 22 (206 Swamp Fox Rd, Alexandria, VA 22314). All who would like to attend are welcome to come. We will end the regularly scheduled meeting at 7PM and carpool/caravan from PGMA to movie theatre.
- February 9: Finish Science of Style badge with special guest, Deja Crawford of Deja Customs Poppin’. Girls will be able to make hats they can take with them. Cost is $15 per girl.
- February 16: Education coach, Dr. Tariqah Nuriddin, will lead a College Pathways workshop. Dr. Nuriddin will address how students can get prepared now to successfully navigate college. Students and their parents are invited to attend to learn college process tips and ask questions.
- February 17: Fencing at the NOVA Fencing Club, 10:45AM – 1PM.
- March 9: Movie (TBA) and Treasure Box activity
- March 10: Sisterhood/Justice Journeys-in-a-Day
- Sis. Amina and Sis. Aaliyah are sharing duties for Cookie Mom this year. A big thank you to Sis. Amina for your help for the first half! Alhamdulillah! Sis. Aaliyah will take over the second half of the cookie season as designated Cookie Mom.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.