As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, March 16, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will be discussing choices for their Quest Journey Take Action Project, singing songs, and doing a craft.
- All girls are expected to turn in all take-home Journey activity sheets. Girls have completed the keys and are ready to take action.
- This Friday is the last troop meeting for Brownies to turn in their My Family Story legacy badge worksheet. The girls who have not done so will each share their Story Family Tree.
- Juniors will begin their Jeweler badge inshaAllah. During this badge girls will add more sparkle in their life by making jewelry. It’s easy and inexpensive to make for yourself or give to other people. Girls will:
- Get to know the tools of the trade
- Make jewelry with metal
- Turn everyday objects into jewelry
- Create jewelry inspired by another culture
- Make a sparkling gift
When Juniors have earned this badge, they will know how to make different kinds of jewelry.
- Turn in permission forms and payments at this Friday’s troop meeting for the aMuse Journey-in-a-Day on Saturday, April 7.
- Permission forms and payments are due this Friday for Cadette Primitive Camping on April 21 – 22.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- The parent meeting is postponed as two leaders will be unable to attend. A new date will be announced soon.
- Seniors and Ambassadors will be planning the STEM Journey-in-a-Day as well as the Take Action project for the Mission Sisterhood Journey they just completed. Anyone who needs to make up work for the journey can discuss it at this Friday’s troop meeting.
- There are cookie booths this weekend. Please don’t forget to show up to the booth sale you signed up for.
- Please keep our dear sister Aaliyah and her family in your duas as they mourn the passing of her father.
- We are still in flu season. If your children are experiencing flu symptoms, please keep them home and do not bring them to the meeting.
- All Summer in Savannah participants must attend an update meeting immediately after the troop meeting this Friday, March 16, and on March 30.
- Parents should see Snack Mom, Sis. Marnice, during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.