As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Nov 30, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a moment to note the troop meeting dates for the rest of 2018:
- Dec 7
- Dec 21
- Brownies will be completing the Fair Play badge by having a mini-Olympics Day. girls should dress comfortably for games and play.
- Parents: Please volunteer to assist the Brownie troop with the Girl Scout Cookie Program. Cookie Season last from December 17, 2018 to March 24, 2019. Here are the top five reasons you should absolutely participate in the Cookie Program.
- Juniors will complete the final steps of their Simple Meals badge. Juniors should bring their favorite type of bread to the troop meeting this Friday: tortillas, injera, matzo, chapati, naan, pancakes, crepes, lavash, pumpernickel, scones, challah, cornbread, waffles, muffins, croissant, rolls — there are lots to choose from. Girls should bring enough so 20 people can have a small sample. If the bread has an accompaniment (like butter, jam or hummus) feel free to bring that as well. Plates will be provided.
- Turn in permission form and $20 payment by December 7 for the Junior Agent of Change journey at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum. The journey takes place on Sunday, December 16, 8:45AM – 5PM inshaAllah.
- Parents: There are still several girls whose parents have not turned in their health forms. Please turn in forms immediately.
- Cadettes will be moving to the next badge, Netiquette, which is all about knowing how to make positive choices in the online world.
- Cadettes will be working on the Woodworker badge at the first meeting of the new year. Tonya Williams from Bridging Leaders will come to our meeting with all of the equipment and materials needed to complete the badge. Please bring $15 cash or check by December 7, in order to participate. There is only one meeting left to pay for this badge!
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors will begin planning their completion of the Collage Artist badge.
- Ambassadors will be working on building a pin-hole camera, and planning a college tour as a part of the College Knowledge badge. Girls should bring supplies needed for the activity (e.g. card stock, direct tape, aluminum foil, etc.)
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues for your Girl Scout.