As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, December 6, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisies will earn their Space Explorer badge by completing a space lesson in which they will learn about the phases of the moon and make a DIY constellation viewer.
- Brownies will begin the legacy journey, A World Of Girls. In order to earn this journey girls must attend the next four troop meetings.
- Girls should bring $25 to reserve their spot for the Cybersecurity course.
- Juniors will start work on the Digital Photographer badge by learning about digital cameras from a guest speaker. Girls should bring their own digital camera (phone, tablet, laptop, or hand-held digital camera). Here are the steps:
- Learn about digital cameras from an expert
- Take tons of photographs!
- Edit three photos
- Make a digital photo project
- Share your photos
When Juniors have earned this badge, they’ll know how to use a digital camera to create one-of-a-kind photos.
- Cadettes will be completing their New Cuisines badge with our Culinary Tour (AKA Food Party!). Girls must coordinate with their group members on which of the dishes from steps 1 through 4 they will be bringing to share with their fellow Cadettes. Remember to bring enough for everyone to share; plan for between 15 and 20 people. Cadettes who were not at the last meeting when the groups were formed, can do all of the steps by themselves or with other Cadettes who were also not present at the last meeting.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- If you still have not turned in the health form for your Girl Scout, please do so immediately. Also pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues ($50/girl). Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.