As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, December 20, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
It’s Girl Scout Cookie Season! Make sure to connect with your Girl Scout’s Troop Cookie Manager to sign your daughter up for this year’s Girl Scout Cookie Program: a fun, hands-on way for girls to earn money to support their dreams, and develop leadership and financial literacy skills. Click to learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program and the Five Skills it helps girls cultivate.
- Daisies will take part in a mini Cookie College where they will learn everything they need to know about selling Girl Scout cookies including: lessons on money, staying safe while selling, and the types of cookies being sold this cookie season. Parents interested in having their Daisy participate in the Girl Scout Cookie program should come to sign paperwork with the Daisy Troop Cookie Manager, Sis Alphria.
- Brownies will continue the World of Girls Journey.
- Turn in permission forms for Cybersecurity and Quest Journey.
- Juniors will complete the final steps of the Digital Photographer badge inshaAllah by editing photos, making a digital photo project, and sharing their project with their fellow Girl Scouts. Girls should bring their own smartphone, tablet, or laptop with a digital camera and at least three pictures to work with. Their device should be able to access BeFunky.com online or they can download the BeFunky app (via App Store or Google Play).
- Turn in permission forms and $20 payments for the aMuse Journey-in-a-Day at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum on Sunday, January 5, 2020, 9AM-5PM.
- Cadettes will be working on the Leather badge and will be using leather to make purse dangles.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Senior and Ambassador troops will be working on their Take Action project for the completion of the series on cybersecurity. Girls will be filming a PSA and should bring their laptops. Be on time and ready to work.
- Girls should see Sis Asma if they plan to sell Girl Scout cookies.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- If you still have not turned in the health form for your Girl Scout, please do so immediately. Also, your Girl Scout’s troop dues ($50/girl) should be paid in full by the end of 2019 inshaAllah. Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.