The ice and snow has cleared and Troop 3480 is back to business, inshaAllah.
Attendance is key to your daughter’s Girl Scout experience. Here is what each troop will be up to at the next meeting:
- Daisies will be working on the orange Mari Petal (Responsible for What I Say and Do) and baby blue Lupe Petal (Honest and Fair). Girls will bring home paperwork to complete to get the patch at the March 14 troop meeting. We want to finish up the petals so they can work on the Daisy Journey in the spring, inshaAllah.
- Brownies are completing their Snacks badge. Review the Snacks badge blog post to review what to bring. Contact Sis. Naima with questions.
- Juniors have a guest scheduled for their First Aid Badge.
- Cadettes have a leadership workshop scheduled.
- Seniors and Ambassadors have kickboxing scheduled. Girls should wear comfortable, athletic clothing and shoes. Parents must complete the high adventure permission slip and have a health form on file before the girls can participate.
Parents: Don’t forget to attend a Camping Meeting, a requirement in order for girls to participate in the service unit encampment this April. We will discuss logistics, cost, and equipment.
Lastly, Sis. Alia will be selling tickets to Prince George’s Muslim Association’s Fundraising Dinner, A Good Tree – 20 Years of Service! The dinner will be at 5:30PM on Sunday, March 23 2014 at Martin’s Crosswinds in Greenbelt, MD, with speakers Imam Ahmad Azzaari, Imam Siraj Wahhaj and Dr. Altaf Hussain. Tickets are $30 before March 9. For more information call 301 459 4942, email frc [ar] pgmamd [dot] org or click here to buy tickets online. Let’s show our support to community that generously hosts Girl Scout Troop 3480.
See you soon,