As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting this Friday, Nov 20, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. There is a 15-minute grace period. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Troop 3480 meets every other Friday. Take a little time to note in your calendar the next troop meetings until the end of 2015:
- Dec. 4
- Dec. 18
HELP WANTED: Cookie Corral-er
Troop 3480 is desperately seeking a Cookie Mom, Cookie Dad, Cookie Mom & Dad duo, or Cookie Girls Scout Teen & parent team.
Girl Scout Cookie season begins December 21. Cookie sales subsidize activities and are currently contributing to the Sojourn to Savannah trip. Funds from cookie sales can also pay for camp fees, membership fees, and all the fun adventures and weekend activities girls want to do. In addition, if Troop 3480 doesn’t participate in Cookie Sales, we cannot participate in any other fundraiser.
Troop 3480 needs an adult or a team of adults to supervise the ordering and distribution of cookies and collection of cookie funds. Troop managers as well as past cookie moms will also contribute. The adult(s) in charge of cookies must be a registered Girl Scout volunteer and have a background check prior to start of the Girl Scout Cookie season. Please step up and meet the challenge before Cookie Season begins in December. Contact Troop Co-managers at alia [dot] hemet [at] gmail [dot] com or keshabdulm [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Brownies should the Girl Scout Law with their family and ask them which value is really important in their family.
- Brownies should also bring their Brownie Quest journey book and be prepared to work on “My Family Star” on page 51.
- Girls should bring in the friendship knots that they made last week. They will be choosing a Brownie Buddy.
- Parents: please complete and have your Junior turn in the Meet My Daughter form to her troop leader so they can get to know your daughter better.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for the Agent of Change Journey-in-a-Day, Dec 20
- Turn in permission forms and payment for the Junior Spring Core Camp, Apr 30. These type of programs fill up quickly, so get forms & payment in ASAP.
- Parents: The Junior troop needs a Troop Mom to provide occasional assistance at troop meetings and help communicate with other parents. Contact Sis. Kori at girlScoutTroopMama [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Cadettes who have just bridged from Juniors: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Cadettes Award?
- This troop meeting is the last day for group presentations.
- Cadettes will be playing Girl Scout Jeopardy. Brush up on your Girl Scout trivia, traditions and facts for a fun game. Use the internet and/or library books to fin out information on Juliette Gordon Lowe. There will be prizes!
- Seniors who have just bridged from Cadettes: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Seniors Award?
- Seniors should bring a healthy snack (preferably organic) or small dish to share for our Sow What? journey. Come prepared to present your dish and explain the origins of the food.
- Bring $7 to purchase your Sow What? journey book.
- All girls should dress in loose-fitting modest clothing inshaAllah.
- All levels: Service Unit 22-6 SHARE Skate Night, Jan 17
- Cadette, Senior & Ambassador Chemistry in the Kitchen, Feb 27
- Junior, Cadette, Senior & Ambassador GirlCon, Mar 12
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.