As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting this Friday, Dec 4, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. There is a 15-minute grace period. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Troop 3480 meets every other Friday. The last troop meeting of 2015 will be Dec. 18 inshaAllah.
Alhamdullilah, Troop 3480 has a Cookie Mom! Look forward to a cookie information session during the 18 December troop meeting inshaAllah.
- Brownies should bring their Brownie Quest journey book and be prepared to share My Family Story.
- Brownies will be completing their World of Girls take action project at the Saturday Blitz, Dec 5
- Parents: please make sure that your Brownie’s journey work is up-to-date: they should have completed Discovering Me (page 49), Discovering Values (page 50), and Discovering Family (page 51).
- Horseback Riding Clinic, Dec 13
- Agent of Change Journey-in-a-Day, Dec 20
- Junior Spring Core Camp, Apr 30. These type of programs fill up quickly, so get forms & payment in ASAP.
- Please complete and have your Junior turn in the Meet My Daughter form to her troop leader so they can get to know your daughter better.
- The Junior troop needs a Troop Mom to provide occasional assistance at troop meetings and help communicate with other parents. Contact Sis. Kori at girlScoutTroopMama [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Cadettes who have just bridged from Juniors: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Cadettes Award?
- Cadettes should come prepared to share the two badges they want to earn along with a plan to achieve them.
- Cadettes will be working on their aMaze journey and/or LiA award proposals at the Saturday Blitz, Dec 5
- Cadette Financial Literacy Workshop, Jan 9
- Seniors who have just bridged from Cadettes: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Seniors Award?
- December Community Service: This month PGMA Girl Scout will help PGMA Youth in their effort to support the 2nd Annual Project Warm Nights. While PGMA Youth are seeking donations of blankets, gloves, socks, hand warmers, coats and protein bars which will be donated at care packages to the homeless population in DC, Troop 3480 will be focusing on sock donations. Please donate new adult and children’s socks at the troop meeting this Friday inshaAllah. Let us work together to give together!
- All levels: Service Unit 22-6 SHARE Skate Night, Jan 17
- Cadette, Senior & Ambassador Chemistry in the Kitchen, Feb 27
- Junior, Cadette, Senior & Ambassador GirlCon, Mar 12
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
Note: Get your girl’s dues in before 18 December so that your Girl Scout can receive her pins and/or patches during the Investiture & Rededication Ceremony.